Weddings, Team Building, University Field Trips & More!
Imagine your group riding as one in this incredible environment! We specialize in uniting people with nature and, in the process, each other.
Vehicle Capacity: Each of our two troop carriers can hold 16 passengers in the back and 1 passenger up front, for a total of 17 per truck. The small truck holds 8 in the back and 1 up front, for a total of 9 passengers. The Jeep CJ7 accommodates 3 passengers. That leads to a total vehicle capacity of 46. Depending on the number of people in your group, you can reserve one or more vehicles.
- Wait until you see how your coworkers bond in the desert doing an educational team-building event.
- Want to give someone a gift of the Great Outdoors for his/her birthday? Celebrate in the back of one of our vehicles as you travel on a rolling fiesta to a special birthday location.
- Are you a member of a group of photographers or plein air artists? There are unlimited scenes of remarkable natural beauty for you to capture.
- Your group is into geology? The Anza-Borrego Desert is a mecca for geologists and geographers!
- Wine aficionados? Try our Julian Backcountry Wine Tour, San Diego County’s most unique wine tour.
We have done small weddings in the desert and hosted bachelor and bachelorette groups in Anza-Borrego and Julian on wine tours.
Would you like to bring a group of university students to Anza-Borrego Desert State Park? In a sense, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park can be thought of as a 600,000-acre classroom. Within its fascinating landscape lie excellent examples of geology, anthropology, paleontology, biology, natural history, human history and astronomy. All that’s required is to bring the student to the subject, and California Overland is uniquely suited to do just that. We have partnered with schools and universities to connect education with the natural world.
Come together for a short outing or an all-day experience — or even a camping trip where we’ll handle everything and you just enjoy each other’s company, perhaps recounting the day’s events around the campfire. Give us a buzz, and we’ll work out a great group rate with a fun adventure that everyone will remember!