Thank you for your interest in our adventures. We appreciate you checking in with us during these weird times. And, we certainly would like to be a part of giving you a break from them!
The good news is that, as of July 6th, we have been given the go-ahead from the California Department of Parks and Recreation to reopen! This followed their approval of our COVID-19 Safety Protocols to protect our guests and guides, which is our top concern:
• Employees will be trained on health and safety protocols, including screening themselves for COVID-19.
• Upon arrival all guests and staff will have temperature taken with infrared temperature gun.
• Masks will be required for guests and staff when inside office or when riding in enclosed vehicles. Open-air vehicles are exempted.
• Hand sanitizer and masks will be provided, if needed, for guests in office and on each vehicle.
• Pre-trip orientations will be conducted on our open porch, weather/temps allowing.
• Main room and bathroom contact points disinfected between each tour.
• Vehicle contact points disinfected between each tour and blown out with power leaf blower.
• Only our larger vehicles, including open-air when possible, will be used (no Jeeps) to maintain social distancing.
• 6’ social distancing will be maintained between guide and each family group whether at office or on hikes.
• Disposable gloves will be used when passing out water, snacks or prepared meals.
For now, we are making our schedule mostly private tours, although there may be some exceptions for joining two smaller groups. Also, initially, our calendar will be open-scheduling with phone-in reservations only. This way you can pick your time, and your card will not be charged up front. You then can be on the calendar—with fingers crossed there are no subsequent closures.
Please call or email us to customize a tour for you: 760-767-1232. Please also feel free to call or email us with any questions or clarifications. We would love to hear from you.
Hopefully, we will see you during our reopening to share some great times. After weeks and months of sheltering at home, we like to think of our tours as an “essential service.” 🙂 Until then, from all of us, take care of yourselves and be safe.
Joe Raffetto, owner
California Overland Desert Excursions